Final Passages is a non-profit, educational institute and resource center dedicated to a holistic, green, compassionate and dignified alternatives to conventional funeral and after-death practices.
For information on our upcoming Level 1 & 2 Workshop in Sebastopol, California on July 24-27th, 2015, please see our detailed flyer and registration form here.
Jerrigrace Lyons, a Minister, educator, Death Midwife and Reiki Master, founded Final Passages in 1995, pioneering a new field of Home Funeral Guidance. Since then, Final Passages has become a renowned educational institute, with widely-acclaimed training programs for lay-persons and professionals. Our training programs prepare you to help plan, guide, and provide support during environmentally-friendly home or family-directed funerals.
Imagine. . .
- Facing death with far fewer fears
- A funeral ceremony being held in a home or a private, intimate setting; allowing for a longer and more personal good-bye
- Bodies being respectfully touched by family and friends, not by strangers
- Family and friends decorating or building a casket or urn as a healing act of closure
- Ecologically conscious final disposition (a cremation or green burial)
- Children learning that death is a natural part of the lifecycle by participating in a home funeral