Creating a Sacred Passage
an Introduction to Conscious Dying and the Home Funeral Movement
Saturday, March 18, 2016
10:00 am – 3:00 pm
at Sonoma County Healing Academy in Sebastopol, CA
6741 Sebastopol Ave, Suite 120, Sebastopol, CA Across from Coffee Katz
A repeat of our popular monthly half-day workshop.
This workshop covers our most frequently asked questions, including an overview of:
- Preparing for End-of-Life
- Advanced Directives
- Family-Directed Home Funerals
- Green Burial Options
- Community-building about death awareness
Learn Practical tips and options for
- The importance and benefits of preparing ahead
- Social, economic, and spiritual benefits of a family-directed home funeral
- A family-centered arrangement of ceremony and ritual to commemorate our loved ones
- Who to call & what to do when a loved one dies
Bring a brown-bag lunch or plan to eat out.
The Barlow, Sebastopol, CA
What is a home funeral, natural death care and green burial?
Transform your view of death, diminish your fears and re-frame your relationship to living and dying. A family-directed funeral offers the opportunity for after-death care by family and friends. This can include ceremony, bathing and dressing, lying in honor or home vigils, and green cremation and burial options.
- Explore the significant benefits that have environmental, financial, therapeutic and spiritual impact, as well as practical aspects.
- Learn how to make better and more informed choices for yourself or a loved one by understanding the options for a home funeral led by the family.
- Discover how home funerals serve the needs of community members from different cultural, economic, religious and spiritual perspectives.
Jerrigrace Lyons is a minister, death midwife, home funeral guide, educator and one of the leading pioneers of the home funeral movement. She is the founder and director of Final Passages, offering training in conscious dying, death midwifery and home funeral guidance, and is a founding member of the National Home Funeral Alliance. Jerrigrace has been featured in The Wall Street Journal, USA Today, Los Angeles Times, CNN Headline News and in the PBS documentary, A Family Undertaking. Final Passages, a non-profit educational organization since 1995, promotes personal, natural and green approach to end-of-life care.