- Facing death with far fewer fears
- A funeral ceremony being held in a home or a private, intimate setting; allowing for a longer and more personal good-bye
- Bodies being respectfully touched by family and friends, not by strangers
- Family and friends decorating or building a casket or urn as a healing act of closure
- Ecologically conscious final disposition
- Children learning that death is a natural part of the lifecycle by participating in a home funeral
- Knowing more affordable options compared to conventional methods
Started in 1995, Final Passages was the nation’s first non-profit, educational institute and resource center dedicated to conscious dying, and a holistic, green, compassionate and dignified alternative to conventional funeral and after-death practices.
We are also the first nationwide organization to create a death midwifery and home funeral guidance training program.
More than 20 Years in Death Midwifery and Home Funeral Guidance!
Our work serves the needs of community members who come from a variety of cultural, economic, and religious perspectives.
Final Passages is an active participant in the National Home Funeral Alliance.
Upcoming Events & Training
Wednesday, March 13, 2019 – Sebastopol, CA
Level 1 and 2
Fri.-Mon., March 29 – April 1, 2019 – Sebastopol, CA
Honoring Life’s Final Passage–Level 3
Wed.-Sun., May 29 – June 2, 2019 – Sebastopol, CA
“Final Passages’ course work is life changing. The education is transforming my perspectives on death and the healing that can occur at the end of life. I look forward to sharing, connecting and assisting with my family, friends and community about home funerals.”
— Victoria Joy
LEARN MORE ABOUT COURSES
#naturaldeathcare #greenburial #consciousdying #homefunerals #familydirectedfuneral