by Judith Fenley
Final Passages Graduate Rev. Judith Karen Fenley authors “Death Rights and Rites: a Practical Guide to a Meaningful Death” released by Llewellyn Publications.
“It is a delight that this book is authored by one of Final Passages Institute’s own graduates,” writes Jerrigrace Lyons, Founder and Director of Final Passages in the Forward to this book. Its release this November, on the eve of Samhain days, published by Llewellyn Publications is a timely offering
It is a narrative and exploration of our universal quest to address the Mystery of death, and poses choices for our own personal passage and of those we love and care for. While posing considerations for personal decisions, Judith is clear about her advocacy for natural death care and respect for the Earth. Metaphysical and Pagan perspective supports her Earth–based spirituality and also supports readers in their personal exploration. Countless stories share tender experiences of being present to the moment of death, reflecting on both personal and other’s experience.
Topics addressed are:
- Innate rights and rites
- The American way of death
- Historic context of death-for-hire tradition
- Home Funeral guides assistance to families for natural death care
- Ways to create sacred space
- Spontaneously created ceremony ideas
- Also a comprehensive Resource Section includes: home funeral advocates, green burial contact information, and more.
Available in libraries, bookstores and Internet through regular on-line sellers. A Plug for Bookshop.org which supports local bookstores and offers this book at a discount.