An Introductory Course Offered in Four Hours.
About the Course
- Instructor: Jerrigrace Lyons
- Location: Sebastopol, California
- Course Fee: $60.00
- Continuing Education Units (CEU) are available under the Nursing Board.
Currently this course is available as a sponsored course. Please contact us for more information.
What are Home Funerals, Natural Death Care, Green Burials and why should you care?
Explore with new eyes and an open mind the special time surrounding a loved one’s passage. Learn options that allow families and caregivers meaningful participation following a death that could replace some or all of the services offered by mortuaries. Join Jerrigrace Lyons, nationally known leader and visionary in the arena of death and dying, as she shares stories that help reduce fears, support the grieving process and allow for more healing through creative expression and community support.
During the course we will explore:
- Personal fears and pre-planning a final passage
- Social, economic and spiritual benefits of naturally family-directed arrangements
- Traditional customs and learning new rituals
- Bereavement benefits for family and community
- Legalities and other components of home and family funerals and green burials
- PBS documentary clips and slides from 250 personal family ceremonies
Please contact us for more information or if you have any questions about this course.